Can't launch Setup

Oct 25, 2008 at 7:33 AM
Says something contains an invalid character. Running 64-bit OS here.
Nov 12, 2008 at 9:41 AM
In the installation folder there's a " : " included in the path.
Installation cannot be completed because of this.
Can this be corrected?
Jan 26, 2009 at 8:55 AM
Same error Running 32-bit OS here.
Feb 11, 2009 at 1:12 PM
Default setup gives a message 'The folder path SSMSAddin: Fulltext Manager contains an invalid character'.  If you add a log file it can be seen that the targetdir parameter is the culprit.  All this can be overcome manually by running: setup.msi /log "your log file" targetpath="your install folder".

After getting it installed, when it is run on a SQL2008 EE instance running on W2008 x64 I get message 'Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.String'.  The dialogue then displays without any FT catalogue details.  Clicking Refresh repeats the error message.  This means the tool is currently unusable.

The dialogue is modal to SSMS, which is different to all other SSMS dialogues.  This tool should not be modal.

All the above problems look to be easy to fix and I hope they are.  This tool looks like being a useful addin to SSMS.
Mar 10, 2009 at 12:02 PM
Is this likely to be fixed?
Mar 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Hi everybody,

I fixed the setup and put a new version on Codeplex. I am sorry for this needless error (I used a colon in the product name and did not notice that the setup uses the product name as directory name. Of course a colon is forbidden is a directory name, this char is reserved for drive identifier).

Regards,
Stefan